Having a procedures manual will:
- Allow you to take a holiday and relax knowing your business can run without you
- Allow you to clear your head of processes and systems for your business
- Staff / contractors can turnover with minimal training and no loss of company IP (which frees up your time)
- Staff / contractors are more self sufficient and ask less questions (which frees up your time)
- Your product or service will be consistent
A company procedures manual is a detailed and individual document, yet one that is vital to any small business. The Heart Of is extremely experienced in procedures and as such, have two products to recommend:
ProcedureAssist is our complete guide to setting up procedures within your business. It contains six modules of information (in video, audio or PDF format) showing you how to setup procedures in your business, ideas on what to include in your procedures, how to manage your team with procedures, ways to document your procedures and tips & tricks to making your procedures functional.
Any purchase of this product also receives FREE access to a standardised Procedures Manual Template.
Interested in finding out more? Visit the ProcedureAssist website.
For those business owners who would like to create their own procedures manual yet may not know where to start, this is a good option. We will provide you with a Procedures Manual Template and an instruction document outlining how to complete the template document as well as providing you with essential Procedures Manual writing tips.
Sections of our procedures manual include:
- General Office Procedures
- Business Communication Procedures
- Documentation Procedures
- Employee / Contractor Procedures
- Software / Programs
- Client Procedures
- Accounting Procedures
The document is a word template which can be easily styled with the your logo and colours (on request) ready for ready easy completion.
Click the “Buy Now” button to purchase this product or contact us for more information.
|“The need to develop systems for a business is vital if a business owner wants to have more time available to manage the business rather than doing all the work themselves.With operational systems in place a business owner does not have to micromanage their business. Once the systems have been put in place it is important to have procedures that ensure they are not changed without input from management.
”Max Newnham - September 13, 2010